Running a small business is a challenge no matter the business conditions – marketing, operations, keeping the books, answer calls/mails/texts, put on a 10/10 guest experience, make sure guests have appropriate recommendations that that match their interests and so on. We love it here and have zero regrets about our lifestyle shift a little over two years ago.
But in early March we got an unanticipated surprise from well outside Annapolis: The Coronavirus. Bookings had been coming at a good pace in the last weeks but we now are getting some cancellations due to external disruptions: Conferences cancelled, children’s trips cancelled and we suspect some fear of travelling. All are understandable reasons.
We can empathize with the challenges faced by our government and decision makers to keep everyone safe though we all need to make our own decisions how to live our life. There are no restrictions on domestic travel other than a small isolated area in NY and cases per capita are among the lowest in the world. We’d like to give you some assurance about travelling to see us at Flag House Inn.
You should not have any reason to defer a visit to Annapolis, and in particular to stay with us here at the Flag House Inn. We are a small private B&B and we can account, and know EVERY person passing in and out of the house.
Here are a few reasons why it’s a great time to stay with us:
- We have always emphasized a clean and safe environment. If you look at our reviews (Trip Advisor, Google, Expedia, Booking.com) with nearly perfect scores, the words “clean” and “spotless” come through again and again. This is no accident, our cleaners do a fantastic job, and we show them many of these reviews as confirmation about the great work they do and how much we appreciate their great work.
- We have taken a few extra steps, just to put guests at ease: we provide hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes, we have increased cleaning and wipe downs throughout the whole house. (In fact, 2 door knob sets replaced this past month are already coated with anti-microbal film!)
- Prior to guest arrival, we are wiping down the room again and are regularly wiping down hi touch areas in public spaces such as door knobs, remotes and are washing the blankets and bedspreads much more frequently
- We’re less crowded! You aren’t jammed in with a hundred other rooms, we don’t host conferences and we don’t have a public restaurant / bar (though we have quite a few we can recommend!)
- There’s a lot to do in Annapolis! Check out our web page on Things to Do. In particular, we can offer personal walking tours around the US Naval Academy, we can arrange a personal electric golf cart tour and also a guided walking tour. All shops and restaurants are open and there is lots of fresh air walking around town. And so many great restaurants!
- To help motivate you, our pricing is extremely low at this time of year, check us out and start planning your trip. Or call us direct at 410-280-2721. We answer quickly and are ready to help you.
- If you are unsure, give us a call. We are handling cancellations on a case by case basis, so it’s much better to communicate your situation to us.
So to sum up: On a B&B owners forum, several owners have shared that guests said that they choose a B&B because they got to avoid the crowds in a hotel and that they know we pay attention to detail. We couldn’t agree more!
Avoid the crowds, Stay at a Bed and Breakfast!