Welcome to the Flag House Inn
THE PERFECT LOCATION WITH FREE ONSITE PARKING. Centrally located in historic downtown Annapolis, Maryland, your state or country flag will be flying from our front porch to greet you when you arrive. Park your car on site and then it’s an easy stroll from our bed and breakfast to all the sights, museums, shops and restaurants in the historic district. Flag House Inn is located across the street from the pedestrian entrance to the US Naval Academy, two blocks to the Annapolis waterfront and three blocks to the Maryland State House and St. John’s College.
In the morning enjoy a full cooked breakfast, sourced by fresh and often local ingredients, served in our dining room. In the evening curl up with one of our many books or magazines to learn more about the Annapolis area, USNA, historic homes, sailing or boating on the Chesapeake Bay.
Spend several days to really get the ambiance of our town. The Flag House Inn has been operating since 1992 and we can help you plan the best way to spend your days with us.
At Flag House Inn you enjoy:
- On-site parking included.
- King-size beds for extra comfort.
- In-room full bathrooms, A/C, cable TV and free WiFi.
- Comfortable seating and plenty of lighting for reading.
- Info on local attractions.
- Dozens of great restaurants and pubs within 5 blocks.
- Leisurely full breakfast in the morning.
- Unique two-townhouse floor plan assures privacy with guests’ own front-door entry.
We take the guesswork out of the perfect stay:
- Personal help with planning your stay.
- Advice to choose the right restaurant for your taste, your style and your budget.
- In room info for things to do: tours, museums, sails….
Everything is close at hand:
- U.S. Naval Academy main entrance across the street!
- Power & sail cruises on the Bay are a three-minute walk.
- Best views of the Bay are from the Academy’s seawall.
- Colonial mansion museums are 2-3 blocks away.
- Colonial Maryland State House is five minutes walk.
The best in art galleries, antique and design stores, and fine retail shopping surround Flag House Inn
Flag House Inn is owned and operated by Marty & Carmel Etzel who reside on the premises and personally oversee every detail of your stay. See what recent guests have to say:
(February 2018): “Dear Marty & Carmel, thank you for making our weekend stay enjoyable. We appreciated your service and attention to detail…. We look forward to our next visit. ”
(April 2018) “We really enjoyed our weekend at Flag House Inn and meeting you & Carmel. Based on our experience, you seem to be off to a terrific start with this new venture. The Inn is charming! You succeeded at making us feel right at home and providing ample breakfasts that kept us going well into the mid afternoon. In fact, on Sunday we skipped lunch altogether even after having a nice long walk through parts of Quiet Waters Park en route back home.”
(April 2018) “We enjoyed our stay very much. The Inn is impeccably clean, the bed was comfortable, breakfast was delicious and the presentation was lovely.”
Members of the peer-inspected Annapolis Bed and Breakfast Association as well as the Maryland Bed and Breakfast Association.