Centrally located in historic downtown Annapolis, Maryland, your state or country flag will be flying from our front porch to greet you when you arrive. Park your car for free on site and then it’s an easy stroll from our bed and breakfast to all the sights, museums, shops and restaurants in the historic district. Flag House Inn is located across the street from the pedestrian entrance to the US Naval Academy, two blocks to the Annapolis waterfront and three blocks to the Maryland State House and all attractions.
In the morning, enjoy a full cooked breakfast in our dining room, sourced by fresh and often local ingredients. In the evening, enjoy a leisurely walk around town or curl up with one of our many books or magazines to learn more about the Annapolis area, the US Naval Academy, historic homes, sailing or boating on the Chesapeake Bay.
Spend several days to really get the ambiance of our town. Flag House Inn has been operating since 1992, and we can help you plan the best way to spend your days with us.
At Flag House Inn you enjoy:
- On-site parking included.
- King-size beds for extra comfort.
- In-room full bathrooms, climate control, HD cable TV and free Wi-Fi.
- Comfortable seating and plenty of lighting for reading.
- Info on local attractions.
- Daily newspapers
- Dozens of great restaurants and pubs within 5 blocks.
- Leisurely full breakfast in the morning.
- Unique two-townhouse floor plan assures privacy with guests’ own front-door entry.
We take the guesswork out of the perfect stay:
- Personal help with planning your stay.
- Advice to choose the right restaurant for your taste, style and budget.
- In-room info for things to do: tours, museums, sails….
Everything is close at hand:
- U.S. Naval Academy main entrance across the street!
- Power & sail cruises on the Bay are a five-minute walk.
- Best views of the Harbor are from the Academy’s seawall.
- Colonial mansion museums are 2-3 blocks away.
- Colonial Maryland State House is a 5-minute walk.
- The best in art, antiques, clothing/accessories and fine retail shopping surround Flag House Inn.
Flag House Inn is owned and operated by Marty & Carmel Etzel who reside on the premises and personally oversee every detail of your stay. See what recent guests have to say:
(June 2019): “We felt at home again on our recent stay at the Flag House Inn! Since our last visit to Annapolis in 2014, we were thrilled to book two rooms with Carmel and Marty for a long weekend and wedding at the United States Naval Academy (just across the street). Carmel and Marty have brought new life and updates to the Flag House Inn since our last stay with the previous owners. We absolutely love the location and the historic charm/furnishings—but they have added technology updates and their own personal touch. The couple have lots of Southern Living style talent, which appeared each morning at breakfast as we were greeted with hot coffee, yummy food, and great conversation! We look forward to our next stay in Annapolis at the Flag House Inn!!! Lauren T, Kentucky”
(October 2018): “Our get-away days in Annapolis were great fun. We were so pleased with our stay at Flag House Inn. The house was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. Parking on the premise was very valuable. Marty and Carmel made every effort to accommodate any and all needs. Their house was a very short walk to the center of town and a walk across the street to the Naval Academy. Our breakfast was delicious with homemade everything! We would highly recommend The Flag House Inn if you are visiting Annapolis. Sue and Chuck. New Jersey”
July 2 – The bunting is up for the summer! We also added note pads, new Chesapeake Bay guide books (Prior ones were 15 years old!