Renewing the Flag House Inn for the Modern B&B Experience
Since taking over the Inn at February 2018, our vision is to keep the 1879 look and charm but also deliver a modern and memorable guest experience.
We’ve been working hard on a number of fronts and wanted to share a summary so all guests past, present and future can understand what to expect….
Here’s a summary of the changes & investments we’ve made. We have more improvements coming, and also some surprises that you’ll just have to visit us to see them!
What hasn’t changed: On-site parking included, fresh hot cooked breakfast, great in town location and well appointed guest rooms (King Bed, en-suite bathrooms, individually controlled AC, appropriate and well appointed furnishings)
Guest Room Experience
- Fast wi-fi with booster pods throughout house
- HD TV all rooms
- New Comphy™ sheets in all rooms (we sell them too! High end hospitality style)
- New Comphy™ blankets in all rooms
- New quilts in 3 rooms
- USB/electric plugs built into clock radio
- Showers: Soap/Shampoo/Conditioner dispensers (Gilbert & Soames) all rooms (very handy, high quality and huge waste reduction)
- New carpeting – 2nd & 3rd floor hallways, Commodore, Sailing Capital
- Selected rooms: new exhaust fan, repainted, new toilet, steam clean sofas/chairs
- Accent pillows all rooms
- Complete update on in-room guest info book
Inn Experience/ Safety
- Washed ALL windows inside and out including storm windows – sparkling!
- Seat cushions and accent pillows – all porch furniture
- Glass tops & refinished dining room tables
- New doormats/custom entry mats
- Carbon Monoxide detectors all rooms & hallways
- Extended parking courtyard 3 feet (this is huge – easier to park)
- New landscaping around parking courtyard
- Repainted entire front porch, steps, side table
- Steps – New step tread, firmed up railing
- Food! We have 16 main dishes on rotation, and many variations on our daily fresh fruit and baked goods. Check out our web page or Instagram to see more….
- New tableware – place mats, plates/cups etc