With the end of Commissioning Week here at the US Naval Academy and recent graduation ceremonies for St John’s, we move from the academic phase of the year to the main tourist season. Our book is steadily filling up, especially for June.
Why come to Annapolis? Well, really it should be why NOT come to Annapolis for 2 or more nights? You can book direct with us using the “Check Availability” button on the home page. You will get lower pricing and no minimums if you stay with us Sunday to Thursday.
There is so much to do around town, here’s a sample:
- Take a walking tour of the Naval Academy. We direct most every visitor to cross the street and enter the campus (that’s how close we are!). Tours last 90 minutes to 2 hours depending on how many stories the guides tell you 🙂
- Go out on the Bay – there are two reputable charter companies, Watermark (harbor tours and waking/ghost tours) and Woodwind ( sailing trips out on Chesapeake Bay, to St Michaels, sunset trip, racing night etc) as well as other 1-1 trips we can help arrange
- Eating and drinking – there are so many great restaurants around town, really too numerous to name. We’ve got our favorites and are happy to recommend them to you after you book
- There are FIVE ice cream shops along Dock & Main Streets (but we haven’t tried them all… yet…)
- History – Take a look around William Paca House, Hammond-Harwood or several others. Annapolis is literally dripping with history going back before the Revolutionary War – all 4 Maryland signers of the Declaration of Independence had homes in Annapolis! A 60 minute trolley tour is a great way to get an informed overview of the whole town
- And there’s plenty more! Kayaking, SUP, self driving electric boats and on and on…
One thing for sure, once you park your car at our included on site parking, you probably won’t need to drive your car until you head home – all significant attractions around town are a 1/2 mile or less to walk!
So plan your trip for a getaway or to take in some upcoming festivals such as the Annapolis Irish Festival (June 1), the Annapolis Greek Festival (May 31-June 3) and Nextival (Bands and food trucks, July 13-15)…
Here are some recent pictures of some of the sights around town and the delicious breakfasts we’ve been serving… so long for now!