The two townhouses comprising Flag House Inn were built in 1879 and served a number of roles through the years. Descendants of the original builder say it passed through several generations of their family well into the 20th century. Each house in the duplex was individually owned, and we have traced the ownership in State Archives/ property records back to the early 1900’s.