Welcome to the Flag House Inn
THE PERFECT LOCATION WITH FREE ONSITE PARKING. Front and center in Historic Annapolis, Maryland. Your state or country flag will be flying from our front porch to greet you when you arrive. Come to Annapolis, park your car on site and then it’s an easy stroll from our bed and breakfast to all the sights, museums, shops and restaurants in the historic district. Flag House Inn is located across the street from the pedestrian entrance to the US Naval Academy and one short block to the Annapolis waterfront. It is one block to the William Paca House, two blocks to the Hammond-Harwood and Chase Lloyd houses and three short blocks to the Maryland State House and St. John’s College.
In the morning enjoy a full cooked breakfast served in our dining room. In the evening curl up with one of our many books or magazines to learn more about the Annapolis area, USNA, historic homes, sailing or boating on the Chesapeake Bay.
Spend several days to really get the ambiance of our town. We have owned and operated Flag House Inn for 16 years and can help you plan the best way to spend your days with us.
At Flag House Inn you enjoy:
- Hassle-free, on-site parking at no extra cost.
- King-size beds for extra comfort.
- In-room full bathrooms and cable TV.
- Good seating and plenty of lighting for reading.
- Large assortment of magazines and reading materials.
- Dozens of great restaurants and pubs within 5 blocks.
- Leisurely full breakfast in the morning.
- Unique two-townhouse floor plan assures privacy with guests’ own front-door entry.
We take the guesswork out of the perfect stay:
- Personal help with planning your day.
- Large menu collection, with our recommendations.
- Advice to help you choose the right restaurant for your taste, your style and your pocketbook.
- Loose leaf booklet of things to do: tours, museums, sails….
Everything is close at hand:
- U.S. Naval Academy Gate 1 is across the street!
- Power & sail cruises on the Bay are a three-minute walk.
- Best views of the Bay are from the Academy’s seawall.
- Two colonial mansion museum houses are two blocks away.
- Colonial Maryland State House is a four minute stroll.
The best in art galleries, antique and design stores, and fine retail shopping surround Flag House Inn
Flag House Inn is owned and operated by Bill & Charlotte Schmickle who reside on the premises and personally oversee every detail of your stay.
Members of the peer-inspected Annapolis Bed and Breakfast Association as well as the Maryland Bed and Breakfast Association.