Annapolis, Maryland Calendar of Events
Annapolis is a moveable feast of things to do year-round. The biggest in-water sailboat and power boat shows in the United States take place in October a block from Flag House Inn. Make Flag House Inn your destination then and for other special events listed below. For Naval Academy events, see that page.
Annapolis Sailboat and Power Boat Shows
Simply no better way to beat the Boat Show congestion!
“…just a block away & parking too!” Ideal for vendors and buyers alike.
At Flag House Inn you are:
- Only a block from the main entrance at City Dock.
- Able to come home from the show anytime and return in a moment.
- Free to enjoy Annapolis’ nightlife at your ease.
At Flag House Inn you enjoy:
- Hassle-free, on-site parking at no extra cost.
- King-size beds for extra comfort.
- In-room full bathrooms and cable TV.
- Good seating and plenty of lighting for reading.
- Large assortment of magazines and reading materials, including Sailing, Wooden Boat,
- Classic Boat, Sail, Chesapeake Bay, Maritime Life, and many related books.
- Unique two-townhouse floor plan assures privacy.
Just a Block or Two Away:
- The best pubs and restaurants in town.
- The U.S. Naval Academy Sailing Center & Museum.
- City Dock: Annapolis’ maritime center since 1696.
- The Annapolis Marine Art Gallery.
Summer concerts at the City Dock
Every Tuesday evening from early July through mid-August walk to the City Dock (a two-minute walk) and enjoy the US Navy Band present a free concert for you.
Monday – Friday during the academic year see the midshipmen during noon meal formation at Bancroft Hall.
View Friday afternoon formal parades on the Navel Academy Parade Ground – Worden Field.
On July 4th enjoy our small town parade followed by US Navy Band concert and then at dark oh and ah at the fireworks display over the water.
On New Year’s Eve enjoy music, dancing, food and fun during the evening and then fireworks over the water at midnight.
Outdoor summer theater
From June through mid-September on Thursday – Sunday evenings enjoy our outside Summer Garden Theater nestled in the heart of downtown just a five-minute walk from Flag House Inn. An experience you are sure to enjoy.
Quiet Waters Park
Saturday evenings in July and August enjoy outdoor concerts in this lovely setting. About a 10-minute drive from Flag House Inn. Admission/car charge